1/2 teaspoon powdered cardamom, or 6-7 green (not black) pods, crushed
1 heaping tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons honey
2 flowers/stars of clove
½ teaspoon cinnamon, or 1 small stick
3 Darjeeling tea begs or any other black tea
3 cups of water
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil and add the teabags.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients, except the vanilla. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, mixing from time to time.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla. Cool to room temperature
- Strain through a fine strainer or coffee filter.
- If serving hot, heat tea with equal amount of milk, and bring to a simmer
- If serving cold, mix with cold milk, and serve over ice.