4 red bliss (or other type) potatoes
1 large yam, peeled
2 carrots, peeled
2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon dried thyme (optional)
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
Preheat the oven to 400°
- Cut the potatoes, carrots, and yam into bite-sized pieces. Spread onto a sheet pan, with the quartered onion.
- Add olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper, and mix well with the vegetables.
- Roast for approximately 45 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked through, and browned.
- Every 10-12 minutes, turn the vegetables over to prevent them from sticking to the pan.
- Leave the onions quartered; don’t try to break them up, as they’ll do that anyway as they cook.